Jonas Samuelsson - Multi-award winning PADI Platinum Course Director and technical instructor trainer.
Jonas has taught over 2000 diving instructors all levels and has been a leader in the dive industry for almost 20 years and has been operating some of the largest dive centers in the world.
Jonas also has a background as a diving journalist and contributed with articles in many diving magazines since 1994, the latest published article was in The Undersea Journal, first quarter 2010. Jonas has played a vital role as mentor for many current PADI Course Directors in their pursuit of becoming a Diving Instructor Trainers.
Jonas is a technical instructor trainer for mixed gas diving and loves to explore deep caves and wrecks all around the world. Jonas recently moved after more than 10 years of teaching diving instructors in Asia to teach technical and recreational diving instructors in the Red Sea. Jonas Samuelsson and his friend and collegue freediver Akim Adhari are founders of Blue Immersion which is a team of the world's leading freedivers and technical divers.
Jonas is a certified diver with PADI, DSAT/TECREC, ANDI, IANTD, TDI and AIDA.
QUALIFICATIONS IN DIVING
- Platinum Course Director #72605
- DSAT Instructor Trainer TEC Deep
- DSAT Instructor Trainer TEC 40-45-50
- DSAT Instructor Trainer Trimix
EFR Instructor Trainer
- MFA Instructor Trainer
- PADI Cavern Instructor Trainer
- TDI Intro and Full Cave Instructor
- ANDI Level 4 Cave Explorer
- IANTD Advanced Nitrox and CCR
- BSAC Compressor Operator
- PADI Draeger Instructor Trainer (SCR)
- PADI Oxygen Instructor Trainer
- Dry Suit Instructor Trainer
- Ice Diving Instructor Trainer
- Specialty Instructor Trainer in 15 other areas
AWARDS AND HONOURS
- 2010: Outstanding Contribution to the Dive Industry
- 2009-2010: PADI Course Director Platinum Rating
- 2009: Outstanding Contribution to Instructor Development
- 2000: Outstanding Contribution to Instructor Development
- 1998-1999: Hall Mark of Excellence
LATEST ARTICLE PUBLISHED
- TRAINING TIPS FROM THE FIELD, BY JONAS SAMUELSSON, NATALIE HUNT AND TIM HUNT PADI Undersea Journal First Quarter 2010
- 1994 – 2010: 2000+ Open Water to Divemaster Certifications
- 1998 – 2010: 1000 Open Water Scuba Instructors
- 1998 – 2002: 600 Medic First Aid Instructors
- 2002 – 2010: 600 EFR Instructors
- 1998 – 2010: 1500 Speciality Instructors
- 1999 – 2010: 400 Internship and MSDT Instructors
- 2010: 15 Technical Diving Instructors
- 2010: 10 TDI Intro and Full Cave Divers
Afelandra´s professional life started as a model, however science was her calling.